Hardcore Happenings

2006-09-27

Gallery Play

I'm liking the Gallery. It's a good place for leveling, the monsters are good for stats and meat, and the antique equipment is ideal for pulverizing (3 twinkly wads per item).

I did manage to defeat the Sorceress, after a very troublesome tower. Feast of Boris complicated matters in the sense that I tried to be in the spirit, and wanted to mix cranberry drinks. Sadly, neither rum nor vodka wished to drop.

The problem with cocktailcrafting is also that you are unable to scrounge up enough garnishes and it's a gamble whether they will mix. If you're stuck with reagent food, you always get enough to fill even a Stomach of Steel, and both the noodles as well as the reagents are combat drops. Ice cubes, coconuts and LPU only come from shore holidays. Getting Supercocktailcrafting will help with this problem, but it's still iffy, if you ask me.

The next few days, I'll focus on powerlevelling. I'll break the prism tomorrow, and get myself well-buffed and hopefully can borrow sticks and ice sickles. I'm forced to ponder which location is most benevolent, the Bedroom or the Castle.

I'm leaning towards the bedroom. The nightstands have a higher monster level, I think, and almost all non-combat adventures that don't have a main stat boost in them can be turned into a combat one. (all but one for muscle/moxie, _all_ for myst classes). What I mean with that is, instead of having adventures that give a "thin black candle" and a "warm subject gift certificate", the non-combat adventures in the bedroom are choice adventures, in which you can turn into a fight. The exception is the Ornate One-Night Stand, which will yield meat, magicalness, or Lord Spookyraven's spectacles. For moxie/muscle classes, the best pick is meat there.