Hardcore Happenings

2006-10-09

Day 4: Report (and Day 5: Plan!)

I'm into the Hole! That is, my last adventure was spent fighting an Astronomer and he was so kind to provide me with a star chart.

Basically everything went according to my plan, except that the plan didn't agree to being posted on this Blog, so you still don't know what it all means.

The summary: I got a Jarlsberg key, mixed up my reserve boozes (not entirely as intended, but 4 Super, 1 Advanced and a Superbase isn't all that much worse than 5 Supers and an Advanced Base).

I also ended up not using ranged weaponry, and having to Cleesh twice, but that's also due to the fact that I found Serpentine Swords. These are really cool, because they give +10 Monster Level. The valley was a cinch with a dictionary in 1, easy-dropping scrolls and lowercase N from the first pr0n. With all the added ML I got into a kind castle, and quickly got to don a goth kid shirt as well, so that I now have +36 ML.

In order to be able to slay my opponent beasties, I do have 3 damage-buffs going. (Tenacity of the Snapper, Rage of the Reindeer, Symphony of the Jackass), and I also had to switch out my miner's helmet (+drop) for the Goblin King Crown (+10 strength).

For the Hole-in-the-Sky I should readjust my strategy again. I'll probably drop the badass belt (+5 all stats) for the Hamethyst Necklace (+4 muscle, +5 melee). I also will drop Madrigal for Celerity, and sneak into the Brotherhood of the Smackdown store for cheap wind-up clocks.

I'll start off with Menagerie Level 3, with my itemdrop familiar to get an assortment of boozes and mix those up. I currently have a single bottle of booze, and I need 6 total.

Then the real job can begin: an attempt at making this a 5-day HC run. It will begin in the Hole. Once I've met the third Astronomer, I'll have to make a Strategic choice in regards to how I plan to level.
A) Keep at it in the HitS. All combat-adventures, high gains. (No meat)
B) Switch to the Castle. Wheel-fun.
C) Back to the Gallery. All combat-adventures, Louvrebonus.
D) On to the Bedroom. Mostly combat adventures and big stat-bonuses.
If I plan on B, C or D, I should switch to an itemdrop-familiar and make haste.
A puts me off, because of the meatlessness, the high cost of living in the Hole and no "big" gains.
The choice of C is very tempting, because of the neat drops and decent meat.
Choice B, however, has only a single wheel-turn to moxiousness, and is a nice go between.
Choice D provides with *very* tough monsters, but keeps giving meat to support my survival It does require a few adventures in the Library to open up.

I'll think I'll go with D, and if it's too costly, I'll switch to the Gallery.

Once I reach level 11: The whole Naughty Sorceress shuffle begins, with possible lowercase N, white picket fence and other items to be farmed. Let's cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Another choice is whether to keep my dodecapede for fighting the Sorceress, or perhaps, instead, use Peanut, while he's a Pickle. He would only be an 11-pound pickle, though...I'll go with the dodecapede.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 10 Sub-Sub-Apprentice Accordion Thief
Turns Played (this run): 541
Days Played (this run): 4
Sign: The Marmot
Path: Boozetafarian (Hardcore)