Hardcore Happenings

2007-01-11

Day 1: Back in Business!

Luckily, I managed to clovercard my way to level 30 today!

And now I'm back in business of _playing_ the game.

I chose pastamancer, for no particular reason, except that it would mean a myst day at the end of the run. And the pastamancer has several skills I can use, not least of all Transcendental Noodlecraftery.

The run itself was old-school fun, trying to squeeze the most out of it, and I do say, that with a 1-pound Cheshire Bat, and no rewards except 5 gems and Stainless Suspenders, I've come quite far. I'm level 6, with all quests completed (except level 6, itself). I've got a digital key and a meat car. I've got the baron's monocle. I've got an enormous moxie boost.

Due to today being a moxie stat day, the suspenders and good old madrigal, I might be range-fighting for a bit longer. However my goal is actually to be active in the gallery tomorrow, so I got the glass balls from the Goblin King. We'll see how that pans out.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 6 Spaghetti Sage (Hardcore)
Turns Played (this run): 192
Days Played (this run): 1
Sign: The Opossum

I'd like to spend some time mulling "Pickpocketing for moxie classes". It's one of the most exciting updates since the rumpus room, if you ask me. The boon might seem small, but getting a ratarang while farming for rat appendices would be a great thing! The bonus for backfarming is good too and last but not least: A new familiar!
It's also upped the value of +init skills. I've always been a bit reluctant of them and haven't permed a single one. With this change, however, they become more premium material, especially over-developed etcetera, for the moxie runs.

Up to then, I'll have to get my +init from the penguin shorts/skirt and bonerdagon necklace.