Hardcore Happenings

2007-01-07

Idealer

I've had plenty of ideas on the KoL forums. And since adventuring isn't all that much to write about, I'll make a little list here of serious and less serious suggestions I've made, that have not been adressed yet in any way (either fixes or gameplay changes making my peeve irrelevant).

Clan switching at the recruiter. Too often I fail to switch clans :-/ Just a minor suggestion.

Multi use on Yummy Tummy Beans. This is just suddenly a major annoyance I'm confronted with. Basically, I have to hit the server several hundred times, while it could be solved in just a handful of hits.

A record of prism breaking. A very controversial issue. I feel strongly about it, although I do understand the opposition to it. It's mostly a "feels right" thing, more than anything rational. Probably will never happen, because the game has done without that record for so long. I think that's just silly. It would make me a happy camper to have what I consider to be a "true" record.

No Inactive players in PvP. Also somewhat controversial, but the thread mostly got derailed by someone with issues of identity. I think it's just not in-spirit of PvP to have long-abandoned characters still around as virtual punching bags. Not that I mind, as it helps my levelling...but still. I really hope this will get adressed.

Valley displaying a bridge after bridging it. More of a silly suggestion. I'm all for artwork consistency :-)

Prosthetic Forehead usuable as hat. Another silly suggestion. This was more born out of boredom than anything else. It still would be neat, but it would require quite some complex coding to be done. Or some wacky work-around, in any case.

Cheaper gift packages. This I still feel is a good idea. The high-end packages don't get used, because they are simply too expensive for the hearts. I hate to see content go to waste and it would just be so much more fun for receivers too to get a bigger variety in gift packages.

Valhalla just for Astral spirits. Slightly silly. Perhaps an extra channel called /astral would work too. I simply think this would be funny. Not really necessary.

Two related suggestions:

Advertising spiffed up and Upkeep for mall stores. The latter thread is a bit outdated, but I was amused by my own suggestions in the former. Advertising is really a bland process right now, and there's room there to introduce humorous references, as well as a slightly more engaging mechanic than simply dumping meat. Just like with PvP, I would love to have a way in which long-abandoned stores wither away, although it would hurt price-levels to a degree. It just makes sense to me to keep a certain "flow" going, though.

Two threads that are not suggestions:

Everybody is my multi. This thread was in response to several threads at the time for people asking the services of other people to "play turns" for them or to farm for them. This was me taking the idea to the extreme. Not everybody got it, but I still think it's funny.

KoL->Dutch Dictionary. For the Dutch KoL players. It's been dead for a long time now, though. I'm still proud at all the fun responses.