Hardcore Happenings

2007-01-13

Day 3: Pacifism is so Passe!

After a pretty decent start, I suddenly found myself in a position where I made a wrong choice. I decided I wanted to get a Hippy Outfit. I didn't have that many adventures left, I had only done one shore trip (barbed wire fence!) and wasn't super-wealthy. But I pushed to the Mysterious Island anyway. I got a bunch of little paper umbrella's from my vacations, I used my sewer clovers to get an extra knick-knack for a clover (if it came to that), and then charged hard (19 turns with the gravy fairy, using a green snowcone) to get the Hippy Outfit.

Only then did I start checking which drinks to make, and realized...bottle of whiskey + soda water + LPU = Roll In The Hay. I didn't need fruit, at all, for the best of mysticality drinks. And day 4 and 5 could've been fine with the barrel.

Also, when I later on wanted to fight the Bonerdagon with less risk, I realized the best potion to make required a tomato (already gotten from the kitchens), but I had put my Hippy Outfit on and forgot to switch to the Lihc face and Miner's pants for the fight itself (I still won).

Conclusion: The Hippy Outfit is not really useful in anything except (Boozetefar) moxie runs. I would've been better off spending a bunch of turns at the barrels with suboptimal drinks and saving the snowcone for a different moment.

Otherwise, all went fine, I even managed to get my spleenful of wads at the end of the run, even though the armors did not cooperate. I'm a single moxie-point away from level 10, I got the zapping wand, and access to the Island, including Obligatory Pirate Outfit.

Not much stands in my way to make tomorrow a great day!

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 9 Linguini Thaumaturge (Hardcore)
Turns Played (this run): 606
Days Played (this run): 3
Sign: The Opossum

p.s. Haven't gotten any shirts to drop, yet :-(