Hardcore Happenings

2007-01-14

Day 4: No shirt, no beard, no worries

I predicted today would be a great day and then I had an epiphany.
Banking for stat day.

Seeing as how I want the level 15 skill from this run, and I was going to get far, but probably not all the way into the tower, I decided to bank turns for mysticality day, tomorrow.
I decided to do some pre-emptive farming and mixing upping. I did quickly finish the Valley quest, and also did, simply for the sake of it, pre-farm a few items. I will be 15 adventures short of 200 after rollover tomorrow, which I consider an excellent starting point.

I basically have everything that I need for the Tower, except for musical instruments. I suppose I'll have to see to those when I get there. A disco banjo is easily made, and a broken skull shouldn't be too hard to farm.

I secretly had been hoping to get a goat's beard, so I could smith the linoleum staff (bah, linoleum is the suckiest of the three) into a hairy staff, which regenerates MP and also held out hopes for a Pirate Shirt. Alas. No worries, though, I can easily do without.

As a coup de grace, I autosold the facsimile dictionary for "Spirit of Ravioli", so I will have a bit more base HP. And if I end up being dumb and stupid, it will also be a good fallback skill to take with me through the gash :-)

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 10 Ravioli Sorcerer (Harcore)
Turns Played (this run): 695
Days Played (this run): 4
Sign:The Opossum

p.s. Flawless PvP on the attack, so far. And the bat provides enough spare meat for me to spend some on Hatorade.
Ranking:116
Fights Won/Lost: 99/10