Hardcore Happenings

2007-01-20

Yesterday

I was really, really, really excited about how it went (I teetdropped against all odds, but got lucky with the booze, and succeeded in making it a 5-dayer after having been cowed). But I'm even more excited about today. I'm a total and utter muscle sign convert.

Farming seems trivial with a mushroom patch. The plunger is a real meatsaver in the beginning, as is the general store a fantastic place for being outfitted, having the services of a meatmaid guaranteed and of course the meatcar in a pinch. There's innabox for the basic smithing, should you require some. There's a nice questy all-combat area. It will give the sign-gym for the two muscle class trophies I still need to get. And, to top it all of, there's the bugbear beanie, wich allows you to dick around in the bugbear store for that little zest in your 2-fullness filler.

I plan on working out a preplanned mealplan with the help of mushroom farming and the bakery.

Compared to the Mysticality sign, which has...uhm. Oh yeah, I remember, the MCD which gives a paltry bunch of bonus stats, but mostly gets you beat up. And a handful of trinkets that you have no use for. And I guess Chez's sometimes has something useful to eat. As mysticality class without Melody, the Mysticality sign might be preferable. Except that farming food becomes so easy.

Today was bliss, my offstats are trailing a bit, but I really, really went forward at an amazing pace. In fact, a 3-day run seems within the realm of possibilities, if not the realm of probabilities.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 10 Rattlesnake Chief (Hardcore)
Turns Played (this run): 400
Days Played (this run): 2
Sign: The Mongoose