Hardcore Happenings

2007-03-24

Day 6/Day 1: Trolldropping

I achieved level 14, got the skill and ascended with a full-weight sombrero (Caramba!)

The Teetdrop went succesful, and when I reached the Gallery, the Volleydrop (or Trolldrop) went off nearly without a hitch as well (I forgot to switch the lead necklace, but that was it).

A big problem is just being so incredibly low on meat without a Bitten. And the Troll is just not reliable enough or high-yield enough.
The difference between a Troll and a Bitten is that I can take the Bitten to the Knob Goblin Treasury or Laboratory for a turn, and be certain that that means I can afford more MP. Not so with the Troll.

While playing, I discovered that I actually would benefit from a spellslinging set to pull this off. It might be less MP-intensive than TS/LTS, I think. Especially on the lower levels. This is a tricky one, though, because it might very well be that spellslinging is not powerful enough in some places, and that regular attacks work just as well in others. Anyway, I've taken my first step on perming a spellslinging set, so I'll find out eventually.

Foodwise, I'll have some choices tomorrow, but I'll think it'll end up: Hell ramen, Hell ramen, grue egg, pate, cranberries. Too bad there's not enough room for the Manetwich there.

Boozewise, it's going to be trickier, and depends a bit on summons and drops. I think I'll have to raid the barrel. Let's pray it's kind to me. Bottle of rums that drop could be used for eggnog, and maybe a bottle of whiskey can be turned into a RitH.

I've done the DD today, just to keep the option of a 2-dayer open, although I don't see it happening, really.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 8 Salamander Subduer
Turns Played (this run): 239
Days Played (this run): 1
Sign: The Mongoose