Hardcore Happenings

2005-07-30

Day 8: Time out? 4:20!

The Daily Dungeon proved to be a bit tougher than initially reckoned. All was well, until I met a certain seal, that needed to be smoked.

After conferring with my clannies, I decided to get the mysticality boost from running to the hippies and get a phat bead, in order to craft a bracelet with it. Especially with hairspray, I was surprisingly able to deal with the hippies (suffered 8-11 damage, occasionally). But of course, everything but the phat bead would drop. I switched to the Cheshire Bat to get stats, instead of drops.

The result:
3 filthy knitted dread sacks
filthy corduroys (pants!)
2 herbs
uncle jicks brownie mix
tambourine bells
2 bracelets, a piercing post and a necklace chain
3 wads of tofu
windchimes & decorative fountain

At least I got better pants, a hippy outfit and the tambourine. I also mixed up some herb brownies. The Bounty Hunter was buying dread sacks, so I sold him one. The special at the brewery was "bloody mary", which gives a few moxie substats and was relatively cheap, so I bought a few. The rest of the dungeon was uneventful, except that a lizardman gave me apathy, which meant the next door poisoned me, which led me to play it safe and burn off the effects by adventuring in the haunted pantry.

So, did I get the final key? No, all this trouble and general lack of saving of adventures netted me a Sneaky Pete's Breath Spray. At least it's better to equip than clown shoes.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 7
Iguana Driver
Turns Played (this run): 748
Days Played (this run): 8