Hardcore Happenings

2005-07-29

Day 7: Another day...

So, this is what happens when you have no plans. Of course, the hermit lacked clovers. Deciding that this wasn't going to be a record run, anyway, I went for the gnauga hide plan.
Which netted me 4 flanges and a clockwork key, but no gnauga hides. I decided to make the clockwork maid then, which cost me quite a lot of adventures looking for a frilly skirt.
On the upside, I now have enough beer to last me 'till the end. I also upped the depleted shroomkabob reserves.

I then realized I still needed to run the Daily Dungeon. Aside from a "heat resistance" test, it was a cinch, with the nice touch of Boris Key accomplished. Enough meat was gained for a single shore trip: anti-cheese! My campsite must now be one of the most luxurious of any level 7 Hardcore player. A chef-in-the-box, clockwork maid and a cottage.

The Fat Friar's quest is still beating me up. Not only the Fallen Archfiend is too tough, it's also the G Imp. My priorities for tomorrow are Moxie, Moxie, Moxie and Moxie. Damage absorption with ghostly shell/Tao of the Terrapin is a costly second priority. Better pants take the Bronze medal for ideas. Later, I will write this out in a more comprehensive post. After all, that Goblin King is still a thorn in my pride, as well.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 7
Iguana Driver
Turns Played (this run): 689
Days Played (this run): 7

Note to self: IPA > any special that does not give moxie points.