Hardcore Happenings

2005-08-09

Day 1 & 2: Hard Softcore

With the expenditure of a quite sizeable sum of meat, I'm attempting to smash a record. And which class better to take to smash something than the Seal Clubber?

The fastest softcore oxygenarian run is 9 days, by Almighty Tallest and Fungo the Annoying. They took about 500 adventures. Vindibunny has third place, with 10 days and 543 adventures. I'm quite convinced the reason they took so long was to wait for moon alignment. I'm taking the shortcut, by using 11 cans of Breathetastic Premium Canned Air. It's ridiculous, but hopefully funny. I debated picking Muscle sign, so I could go for that muscle sign familiar as well, but, on second thought that can wait, and the Super-Secret Device will be of much-needed assistance.

On the first day, I simply took 3 Breathetastics, used up my pulls (clockwork maid and 3 TP meat cars being #1) and saved up my adventures for today, the first of two consecutive muscle days.

On this second day, I've been going at it. Pulling Mr. A and two Ms. A, I took another 3 Breathetastics, shored the Distant Dude Ranch holiday for the meat globe and finished the Friar's Quest. Another Breathetastic and time to take out the Plains bosses. The Goblin King was first (glass ball), the Boss Bat soon followed (hurray for Britches!) and then I started slogging through the Cyrpt. Surprisingly, the bonerdagon proved more then a match for me. Stumped, I decided to fight goats for some skills and meat instead. I pulled 3 linonoleum and equipped the maypole for goat cheese. This proved enough of a boost, to be able to kick the Bonerdagon (barely). Next up: Yeti. Pulling the Hot and Cold Running Ninja outfit, I confronted the Yeti. With Eye of The Stoat, I can take them down in three Thrust-Smacks. With the Cheshire Bat fully buffed (35 pounds + wax lips), I make enough meat to heal myself (both HP and MP) and gain stats lightning fast. Soon, the Orc Chasm opened up, and I received the leaflet. I pulled the Pirate Outfit and the 31337 scroll. My pulls were running out, so I secured the chrome sword and imitation nice watch, to make the absolute most of day 3 (another muscle day). My last pull was used to acquire my bugfinder blade, the moment I could afford it. I spent some more adventures in the Valley, and got part of the needed scroll. I'm better off spending them with the Yeti, in order to faster achieve level 10, though.

Stats:
Muscle: 77
Mysticality: 50
Moxie: 49
Turns played: 285

Adventures tomorrow:
6 (left-over) + 56 (40 standard + 8 campground + 8 equipment) + 92 (estimate Breathetastic). = 154.

I start off pulling a 688 scroll, to finish the Valley quest and 4 Breathetastics. From there on it's Yeti-slaying till level 10. A mad dash up the beanstalk, through the Airship and then the fun starts with the Chore wheel. Penguin shorts + Lunging Thrust-smack to deal with the giants.
With a very beneficial RNG, I could make it tomorrow, but it's likely it'll take at least a fourth day to gain stats, acquire the gear needed for the sorceress lair (both by farming and pulling from storage).