Hardcore Happenings

2005-08-07

Day 17: Better not strike back, Empire!

So, all I need is 3 star charts, and a bunch of stars and lines...

There are several approaches I can take.
a) Continue Snappering. Simply alternate with farming the Peak and hope I get lucky on those drops, soon enough.
b) PvP for flowers and cook/cocktailcraft flowerpower food. Keep snappering. It will take less healing that way
c) PvP for flowers. Increase muscle and +initiative. Cast Tenacity of the Snapper. Try headbutting the holy crap out of them, and take 'em down that way. If it works, it will drastically reduce healing. If it fails, I get beat up.

I'm a bit too low on muscle for c). I can use an extra Boris ring and kentucky-fried meat sword, but that's it. I don't have any other initiative increasers beside penguin shorts, and they hardly compensate for the loss of moxie I get by equipping muscle-increasers.
Option b) has as drawback that it costs me food and drink opportunities, also 2 adventures spent for 3 adventures of adventuring. Then again, hunting Yeti costs 2 adventures as well, to buy a decent amount of healing...
Strategy a) works, but am I tough enough to take on an Astronomer? Fighting Yeti will help me get a tad stronger, so eventually this will work.

I'm going for a) mostly because of time pressure. If I meet an astronomer, and he kicks me, I'll pick b) from then on. It's a gamble.

Also, to save adventures, I won't farm for food, until I need too. I'm going to farm enchanted beans. If it's a clover day, I can spice them up. Easy-peasy. Hopefully the microbrewery booze is a good one. And hey, if the stars align, the Bounty Hunter will accept penguin skins. Meat-xtravaganza!

The hopeful section:
Beating the Sorceress.
The courtyard is the first troublesome part of the ordeal. I'll use goofballs and flower power. I should have the items for all of the possible tower monsters and rest of the Lair puzzles. I hope to have adventures (and meat) to spare to level up my familiars. If push comes to shove, I can autosell some of the outfits which I no longer need to pay for it. If it is clover-day, I can cook up the cocoa-eggs and save another couple of levelling adventures. As it is, with the lead necklace, empathy and sympathy, they only need 49 kills, anyway.
Next stop is the Sorceress herself. Seeing as it is so close, I'm going to throw some fights, first, if adventures allow me.
I'll equip Furry suit, wand, dodecapede, squirting flower, hobo gloves and eXtreme mittens. I'll buy some dozen Doc Galactik's Homeopathic Elixir and use frigid stars, headbutts and regular attacks. I also have wussiness potion and plothole to use. If possible, I'll save those for the second form.

2 Comments:

Een reactie posten

<< Home