Hardcore Happenings

2005-08-07

Day Sixteen: A New Hope

Farming was weird. The goblin chefs dropped mostly mushrooms and spices. I decided that I didn't want to waste adventures farming, so I simply ate mushroom pizza. I'll have to research what's best adventure-wise to eat tomorrow, because all my stats are adequate. I used the spices to spice up the remaining rum.

Of course, I forgot hairspray and some minor errors in changing to the right familiar, but soon, in the Giant Castle, a warm subject gift certificate dropped. Which I quickly exchanged for a Goth Kid shirt. Then I gained a giant needle, part of the Castle Map quest. Next you know it, an Alphabet Giant slung a Heavy D at me! I ran off to my campground and pasted it together with the other letters; a wand of nagamar owner is me! The awful poetry journal and furry fur were quick to follow, so I started to turn the wheel counterclockwise and gained another moxie point, before turning it to "Guard" and finishing the Castle Map quest.

I've decided to not worry about the superfluous stats. The Naughty Sorceress will be a bit tougher, but it's *still* all about strategy. Strategy I know well.

The rest of my time was spent divided between the Hole in the Sky and the Icy Peak of Mt. McLargeHuge. I eventually remembered about hairspray. It did not make much of a difference, every adventure in the Hole has me healing HP and MP like a madman, anyway. That's why I need to go to the Peak, to be able to afford the literally thousands upon thousands of meat to pay for Doc Galactik's Ailment Ointment and soda water.

My current tactic is working though. Aided by the Crimbo Elfling, I use Spectral Snapper as many times as needed, and take the damage like a man. A man with hippopotamus pants. In the end, I've picked up 13 stars and 6 lines, by taking down 3 Hooded Warriors, 3 Junks, 3 Family Jewels, 2 Pork Swords and a One-Eyed Willie. Basically, I need to run into some astronomers fast and I've got a shot at ascending tomorrow.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 11
Crocodile Lord
Turns Played (this run): 1,768
Days Played (this run): 16