Hardcore Happenings

2005-08-06

Day Fifteen: Looking Down and Astern

Farming for knob sausages is way more efficient than beans. I'm going for knob sausage pizza 'till the end now, I need those adventures. My chef blew up mixing them, but I got back nearly everything except a smart skull. My time in the Cyrpt made sure I still had some of those, so my chef was back without an adventure spent.

Fighting the Yeti went pretty well. The airship was, over-all, a wash. The four "characters" never hit me. The "irritating series of random encounters" only did minor damage. The MagiMechTech MechaMech, however, is an utter bitch. It beat me up once, and it cost me a lot of juice to defeat it afterwards. Luckily, it did drop the Metallic A and photoneutrontorpedo! Got them both in one drop. Twice. I also got all of the immateria and the S.O.C.K. adventure.

The Castle is a tough place. I got the wheel once, but left it where it was at, and even got the muscle adventure once. Some furry fur dropped, which I forged into furry pants, forgetting that I need that fur to solve the castle quest. Oh well, it might drop again. Also got an Original G and a Chaos butterfly, which went into my campground stash, to come out when the tower opens up.

On the booze front, I paid for the bloody mary special. They are nearly twice as expensive as IPA, but they give a handful of stat points. I need those stat points.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 10
Rattlesnake Chief
Turns Played (this run): 1,646
Days Played (this run): 15