Hardcore Happenings

2005-08-04

Day XIII: The Reckoning

A mish-mashed day, in the end.

The Daily Dungeon netted the much-looked after Jarlsberg Key. So, that's done. 8 adventures extra per day!

I wasn't able to defeat the Yeti, not even with a PvP'ed flower. So, I harvested some Knob Sausages and had pizza. My chef held up, surprisingly. Not even a single clunk. Might be the silence before the storm. Fighting at the Menagerie Level 1 was less to my liking. Only two fruit golems, and they didn't drop limes. I quickly tried my hand at Fernswarthy's tower, but no brain. Not to mention that I would also need to get the beer lenses. I pvp'ed two more people, succesfully. Fun, fun, fun.

A bit clueless on what to do, I focused my attention on the ninja snowmen, and gained quite a few stats kicking them in the shins. In fact, near the end of my turns, I dared to ferment another flower and try my hand once more at the Yeti, armed with the kentucky-fried meat sword. I succeeded! I shortly got into a rhytm of killing 3 yeti, and pvp-ing some poor sap for the flower. Stat gains were cool, but more importantly, meat gains were enough to keep buying healing potions and fermenting powder. I could even have afforded hatorade. The problem is that my ranking slowly crept up and the number of easy targets slowly swindled. I had also accidentally attacked for rank once... My winning streak ended with a sour loss of 25 subpoints in all stats. My remaining adventures were spent with the by-now hapless ninja snowmen, and boozing up the mixed rum.

My stats are a bit skewed from the "moxie, moxie, moxie" priority. I already have the needed 70 moxie and am also in the 60's with mysticality, while my muscle is just in the 80's. To add insult to injury, I first mixed up two strawberry daiquiri (rum & strawberry), which give moxie, instead of monkey wrenches (rum & grapefruit), which give mysticality. I see no new source of booze though, so it's going to be microbrewery supplies form here on. More on food&booze in the day 14 planning post.

In drunken condition, I tested the gains from the Hobo-Flex in the Noblesse Oblige Clan Gym. My adventures there had identical substat gains to my level. Is that how it works? Substat gain in the gym being equal to current level? Might be efficient at level 5 or 6, when I was experiencing "inertia".

Also, I autosold some superfluous gear, and had over 6,000 meat. Enough to buy "Tenacity of the Snapper" or one of the two remaining Gnome skills. We'll also see about that tomorrow.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 9
Bullfrog Overseer
Turns Played (this run): 1,411
Days Played (this run): 13