Hardcore Happenings

2005-08-01

Day 10: Mostly As Planned

The Daily Dungeon was conquered by a flawless victory. Well...except for the getting a Jarlsberg Earring part. Right Legend, Wrong Item.

Next, I set off for the mines and two choice adventures later, I was already hacking at veins. 2 linoleum, 1 cave-in and an abestos ore later, I got the coveted chrome. Mopping up the Cyrpt was uneventful, if a bit long, again, with the skeletons. Then I sewered for spices (hurray for ten-leaf clovers) and ate some spicy burrito's to get my Chronic Indigestion up to strength. In my enthusiasm, I even overate, so that the lihc eye pie would not fit. I did take the shot of flower-schnapps and donned my hairspray, so I was pretty confident I could take on the Bonerdagon anyway.

A few headbutts and a flaming burp later...victory!

Time to spend the remaining turns. Only a handful of pirates fell under my spiked femur, 'till I got a stuffed shoulder parrot from telling a bad joke. A single visit to the mines netted me the needed linoleum ore. Quite a few battles with goats did wonders for my stats, as for my meat supply. I autosold the gifted linoleum sword (don't tell the tr4pz0r) and some other stuff (like the piles of skeleton bones and smart skulls), which together with the Bonerdagon and goat meat was enough to gain Empathy.

I spiced up the bottle of pirate rum and put some lemons from the Hippy Store in the goat-dropped whiskey for my final run. I only realized after I had drunk the spiced rum, that I could also have whipped up Ghuol Eggs through it for eggnog!

More goats suffered my wrath, and as of this writing, I actually have two goat cheese's already. My myst is already good enough to put on the eXtreme scarf, later on. I can practically smell the Yeti's already!

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 8
Salamander Subduer
Turns Played (this run): 1,048
Days Played (this run): 10