Hardcore Happenings

2005-07-31

Day 9: Momentum Rolls!

A bit of a rough start, but I gained momentum. The DD went fine, except for room 9, where a seal needed smoking, but resisted my attempts. Damn mysticality challenges.

I decided to PvP for a flower, but I'm obviously not cool on the mini-games...too many damn shore-adventures in my life.

My first assault went down like this:
Your PvP Ranking decreased by 9 points
You lose 14 Beefiness.
You lose 15 Enchantedness.
You lose 13 Cheek

I picked an utter and complete tool for the next combat, two levels lower and with obviously no moxie boost. I scratched by that one on the skin of my knuckles. The end of my PvP career? Who knows. I have my flower, which has been transformed to schnapps form.

So, I thought the pirates would like to see me next. I told them a joke (from the new choice adventures), helped some Beached Boys and got beat up in the first combat encounter...

So far, so bad. I cooked up an indigestion-causing burrito (yay!) and stole some meat from the Knob Goblin Treasury, to take a well-deserved moxie-holiday. My new attempt at the Daily Dungeon (difference, one myst point gained) was succesful, and another Breath Spray has been added to my collection. Actually, 5 extra moxie might be enough to tilt the balance in my favour, but I ended up running away from another pirate (but not without first taking swashbuckling pants from a choice adventure).

Orcs. Drunken Orcs. A couple of booze bottles later, I noticed I had no trouble with Orcs. A gobling is a lesser Orc, so I tried my luck in the menagerie in the skimpy harem outfit. No damage! A Royal Assassin became me! Finally, his long-desired crown! His meat was spent on a couple more skiing holidays, and I got a meatglobe from my travelling agent. What was left was spent on a cocktailcrafting kit.

With the King gone, the next item on the list were the friars. Statwise, I had no problem with even the toughest of demons, although I was bothered with all the hellion cubes. I continued my adventures in the Dark Neck for a wussiness potion and a Ruby W. Only after those two were in my possession, did I seal the gate and learn the secret of a steel liver.

On to the Cyrpt! That went pretty well, 'till I had to confront the first mini-boss. I was underpowered. My Chronic Indigestion skill required me to have more fullness, so I ate the herb brownies, and spent the confused adventures doing the clover->sewer->spice loop, after which I ate some delish spicy enchanted bean burrito's. With some added healing, I did clear out the zombie-infested part of the cyrpt, but no luck finding the skeleton boss again. A plethora of skeleton keys is available for the Daily Dungeon challenges, though.

The smart skulls also made me try to farm Fernswarthy's Tower for brains for a few turns with the Elfling. But stat gains are so minimal, that the turn loss for cooking/cocktailcrafting is far less detrimental than adventuring like that on a moxie day. So, I went back to the Cyrpt to face more of the endless hordes of skeletons. Some cocktailcrafting and IPA's later, and helped by the Cheshire Bat, I had gained enough stats to reach level 8! A call from the tr4pz0r was waiting for me with the Council and I made a spurt to the mountains to dally around for my final few turns at the mine. Loot: A miner's helmet.

To celebrate the break with inertia and the generally upward trend of the day's performance, I felt frisky enough to finish the day off with a Lumbering Jack special!

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 8
Salamander Subduer
Turns Played (this run): 913
Days Played (this run): 9