Hardcore Happenings

2005-08-02

Day 11: Knott Yeti? Not yet.

Glossing over the fact that I'm now the proud owner of a Boris ring, the Daily Dungeon went glitchless.

The goats ditched whiskey, cheese and meat. Bless 'em. Enough meat even, to buy a gnome skill. I picked "Powers of Observatiogn", which helped some extra cheese drop quicker. Flip, the Crimbo Elfling, helped me quickly to some Cold Weather Gear. A nice surprise was that finishing that final part of the tr4pz0r quest not only means he gives you 5 yeti furs (which immediately got traded and smithed into the yakskin, hipposkin and penguinskin pants), but also 5000 meat! The 5000 meat, which I could use to get Torso Awaregness. I tried hop-skipping to the ninja snowmen, but they beat me up! I simply failed to hit them, although Flip managed to kick them hard enough in the knees to take 'em down. Not worth the trouble, seeing as I only want frigid stars.

Back to the Obligatory Cove: Farming the pirates for a guitarrr failed miserably, but I did reach level 9 and got some other goodies. With level 9, both a strange leaflet was waiting for me at the Council, as did they want me to help the Baron of Rofl'Mao. I plughed the code into the Strange Leaflet, as well as acquired the Instant house. Then I disguised myself. I got the abridged dictionary on the first attempt, but really wanted to get the pirate shirt. Apparently the droprate has changed, because I wasted quite some adventures without getting it, I did continue 'till I got the adventure that drops 3 spices. Which I mixed with the rum and ghuol eggs for the eggnogg. Drinking that quality beverage compensated for the meagre food. A visit to the untinkerer and a switch into my Battlegear later, I started confronting the fearsome denizens of the Valley beyond the Orc Chasm with my dictionary. Scrolls have been slow to drop, so far, but a meat vortex is in my possession. Stat gains are not impressive, but if I get my hands on the 31337 scroll, that'll help.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 9
Bullfrog Overseer
Turns Played (this run): 1,165
Days Played (this run): 11