Hardcore Happenings

2005-08-03

Day Twelve: We don't play guitarrrs!

Daily Dungeon delivered me a Sneaky Pete Key. I'm pondering finding a lime, to cook it up in a cake.

I got apathy from an apathetic lizardman, so I used that opportunity to level up some of the key familiars at the Cake-Shaped Arena. If I'm lucky with cocoa-eggshell fragment drops, I'll be quite prepared for the Naughty Sorceress...

On with adventuring! The pirates didn't want to drop their guitarrrs. Grrr... Although it might have something to do with me forgetting to bring my Crimbo Elf, at first. Eventually it did drop and there was much rejoicing. I also now have a decent stash of rum, which I can mix up in a variety of amusing ways. I have to look into the most efficient way though. I drank one left-over eggnog from yesterday and checked out the Gnomish Microbrewery. Spiced rum! For only 5 more meat than an IPA, you could get a major statboosting booze. That really made my day. Adventuring at the Valley was uneventful. I got all scrolls in acceptable time, and summoned both the 31337 h4x0r as well as helped out the Baron. I also got a meat vortex and much-needed lowercase 'n'. The next stop, the ninja snowmen, was just as cooperative, they dropped frigid stars on the first attack and were no major combat obstacle.

The Icy Peak, however, proved just out of range. The eXtreme weather gear takes up a vital accessory slot. And even though the pants and hat are cool (pun!), they are slightly less powerful than my regular garments, which carry stat bonuses to boot. I couldn't hit the Yeti, except with my Chronic Indigestion, which is mana-intensive (for my low myst) and doesn't provide enough punch to take out a Yeti. I even used the meat from the h4xx0r to buy extra protective skills (Tao of the Terrapin, Ghostly Shell and Gnomish Hardigness). In my attempts I got beat up twice and had to flee another two times. I decided it wasn't worth it, and my remaining adventures were spent tangling with the snowmen.

Two important things to remember: Pay attention whether I have the right familiar, and also I should stop clicking on the Hippy Camp, when I disguise myself and intend to go to the Hippy Shop!

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 9
Bullfrog Overseer
Turns Played (this run): 1,290
Days Played (this run): 12

1 Comments:

  • You're still rocking my sorry arse. *sigh* I don't have my scrolls yet.

    By Anonymous Anoniem, at 3/8/05 11:25  

Een reactie posten

<< Home