Hardcore Happenings

2005-08-03

You could have ascended by now!

Actually, had I chosen softcore, I could have ascended twice. Or if I was Bashy, four times, or so. Looking at the leaderboards, other people have done faster first-time runs (Turtle Tamer) and if I read back I've seen places for improvement.

I'm undeniable reaching the end-game though. Only two more levels to gain, and one more quest to complete (Trash Quest) before I get access to the Naughty Sorceress quest. After I finish my business on the Peak, i'll only need to come down from the Beanstalk to possibly farm for some goodies. It already seems ages ago that beating the Goblin King seemed like an insurmountable challenge.

Anyway, even though I might toil for a few days more (if only because of a fickle RNG, regarding the last Daily Dungeon key), I need to think about the next step: Ascension. What skill to pick? What new class, path and type to follow? What will my new goals be? How will I use my rewards?

I like to be practical in achieving as many goals together at once. This is why, after weighing options, I'm going to ascend as a softcore oxygenarian sealclubber under the mongoose sign.
a) I get away from the hardcore slowness, non-interaction (granted, softcore oxygenarians are slow as well, but not as slow as hardcore. At least I'll get to make pulls to shorten the run until I break the new, shortened, ronin.
b) I do an oxygenarian run. The one type I haven't done yet.
c) I'll get another happy happy fun muscle sign familiar. :-)
d) I'll get to play with my bugbear shaman. Oxy's don't need food, so they can autosell and spend it on soda water. Which is not a food, nor alcohol. Seal Clubbers don't need their MP much, so that helps as well.
e) I'll put my stainless skullcap helmet to good use.
f) I'll get a neat reward, which I can use to kickstart my next run.
g) If I time it right (ie. hurry my current run), I'll be able to make full use of muscle day as well.
h) I'll have another neat skill on my softcore list.
i) If I'm fast enough, I can make the leaderboards.

*starts plotting and scheming*

1 Comments:

  • You're a bit ahead of me, Key. I've got the Baron quest to go, then the Giant Castle. I'm still at level 9, and am dreading the Hole In The Sky coming up. Perhaps breaking my stone again and pvping for flowers is the best way to go for that - I could use some flower power. Of course, I'm also tearing my hair out and wondering when the hell Wereseal blood is going to be effective again.

    By Anonymous Anoniem, at 3/8/05 19:53  

Een reactie posten

<< Home