Hardcore Happenings

2005-08-12

Not a drop of Mad Train wine.

Before going into my next hardcore run, which is basically going to be a copy of my previous attempt, I'm doing a teetotal Pastamancer.

All I wanted to do was get out of Ronin, gain a second mushroom familiar. I've decided to go Pastamancer and get the vaunted "level 12 skill". My job has been made a lot easier with the lowering of Ronin to 600 turns. I was planning to save adventures for mysticality day, but hey, it's fun to click around. This celebration of randomness, after feeling pressured to make every turn count in two ascensions in a row, probably is the primary reason I'm the proud owner of 7 bottles of Mad Train wine. I couldn't help myself to finish the Friar's Quest and after that it was irrestistable to see if I could find the Hey Deze Map...no dice on that front sadly, but at least I got to wear the Imitation Nice Watch. I also got the muscle familiar.

It'll be at least day 4, and maybe day 5, before Ronin will be broken. Just in time for moxie days. My hardcore run will be a repeat, but hopefully somewhat (a few days) faster, due to tricks learned and already knowing Empathy in advance. The pate reward for the teetotal run should also provide a nice boost. On zodiacs, I'm still waffling between "Packrat" and "Wombat". Either way, it will be a moxie sign for the easy access to booze (Hurray for IPA!) and the moxious Gnome Skills.

The hardcore skill I want to get is "Armorcraftiness". I simply abhor the idea of fighting the Naughty Sorceress without my furry suit. I have not decided on what comes after that, but "Pastamastery" (hardcore) is the next must-have skill on the hit list, so it's quite possible I'll follow up with a Pastamancer Hardcore run immediately. I might also go soft, first, but with dietary restrictions.