Hardcore Happenings

2005-10-04

Day 10: Venting Frustration

Yesterday's frustration continued today. Not lagwise (although there was some lag), but more in the not-enjoying-the-game sense.

I spent too much time senselessly clicking, with too low droprates, and consequently not enough meat, because of the non-dropping low-meat area's, with the flaming gravy fairy equipped. I'm going to opt for the Crimbo Elfling again, next hardcore run. He amsuses me far more than Queen, the flaming gravy fairy.

It took four clovers to give me the knob mushrooms from grabbags to make batwing chow mein. Yummy. Farming for frigid ninja stars took long, as did the lowercase n. In fact, I gave up on the latter (of course I needed an NG in the tower).

Basically, I went through the castle into the Hole. Where I could easily manage with Weapon of the Pastalord. My main gripe was with my liquid meat supplies. MMJ and Ailment Ointments are expensive in these amounts. Especially with non-drop star monsters.

The Lair wasn't much better. Besides all else, Of course I needed 3 hedge maze puzzles (karma to compensate that time I did it with one). And then I needed that NG. With Powers of Observatiogn and Mad Looting Skillz and a 20+ Flaming Gravy Fairy, it took me about 30 turns. Other tower places also required backfarming (baseball).

Of course it wasn't all bad, after all, having to farm for that lowercase N, meant that I had gotten 2 more 31337 scrolls for a total of 9 trinkets, meaning I didn't need to worry about clover.

Once on the top of the tower, I easily went past the challenges, until I got to the familiars. I simply didn't have the 11k to spend on Leash of Linguini. I got the familiar equipment for my Sabre-Toothed Lime (Sour Puss) and used the rest of the turns to bonk Yeti over the head for their meat.

Tomorrow I'll have plenty of turns to defeat the sorceress, although I still need a wolf mask.

To finish the day I settled on a Petite Porter. It felt as though suitcases full of wonderfulness were being carried down my esophagus for me.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 11
Manicotti Magus
Turns Played (this run): 1,360
Days Played (this run): 10