Hardcore Happenings

2005-10-03

Day 9: Flowing Down

The day started pretty good, plughing my leaflet and eating rat appendix chow mein. Although the Bonerdagon required two attempts (one of them dodecapede aided) and didn't give me the money I needed for Observatiogn, I at least got the dictionary in one turn, and quickly was able to get a bunch of skills and a cookbook. The eXtreme Gear was begotten in a jiffy and adventuring at the Valley went pretty smooth.

So smooth, that only after half a dozen fights, I remembered I had a dictionary and didn't need to crossbow everybody's ass there. I took a while (aided by Flaming Gravy Fairy) to get the final needed scroll to drop, but I got all of the other wanted stuff. Maybe one more lowercase n would be nice, but we'll see.

Then I had a struggle with the Yeti, got beat up less than a handful of times, but hey, I wasn't concentrating. I could adventure at the Goatlet and Cove during being beat up, so it wasn't all that bad. Even got a bottle of rum, which I mixed with a remaining piece of spice and a ghuol egg, to make eggnog.

After a good number of Yeti, I reached level 10 and could climb up the Beanstalk (needed to farm a bean, first). The Airship went allright, the only one that posed a problem was (as expected) the Mech. I had played about 150 turns and things were looking good. The Castle had some myst requirement, so I hung out a bit more in the Airship for a photoneutron torpedo.

I had been enjoying myself, made good progress and had drunkeness to spare.

So, I logged off, and later in the day, logged in again.

LAGGY SHIT.

Really. All lagged out is no way to go through the Kingdom. Especially not with the drawn out fights vs. the giants. I had to equip the Earring for a while, to ensure I had enough mysticality. So, I got more damage, so I needed more healing, which all cost clicks.

In the turns that I did get in, before annoyance crossed the threshold, I did get a Goth Kid Shirt (thank you Warm Subject Gift Certificate), turned the Wheel to Myst, finished the Garbage Quest and gathered a lot of required shit (such as Original G and Heavy D).

But grah, lag. I made this forum post about the matter.

After getting lag beaten up again, I decided it was not worth it. I used a soft-green echo antidote to lift the beaten upness and decided to drink an end to the day. It's moxie day tomorrow too, after all. I realized that I didn't really need the stats from Tequila to make it worth it, so I switched to IPA, which are about 37% of the cost of a Tequila-with-Training-Wheels.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 10
Ravioli Sorcerer
Turns Played (this run): 1,159
Days Played (this run): 9