Hardcore Happenings

2005-09-30

Day 6: Miner Setback

Today, the gods of random were kind of unkind to me.

Starting off with farming for chow mein, I noticed the drop rates for knob mushrooms are atrociously low. I got dry noodles and spices and what not from the kitchen, but hardly any mushrooms. In fact, I got so little that for the last one, I cheated and used a clover for a grab bag.

The bat wings drop weren't as rare, but not proliferant either. Still, 3 chow meins filled my gullet and I could check for booze. There I got the major break of the day, namely, the Microbrewery sold eggnog. Eggnog is fantastic, especially on a stat day. Good adventures, major stats and for a low low price. So, I reached level 8, purely on the eggnog. Which gave me access to the tr4pz0r.

And from there on, it was terrible. I have 8 asbestos ore, 9 chrome ore, got 6 meat stacks and tonnes of cave-ins. So that's 20 adventures of non-stat adventuring right there. And that's not including the 8 to 10 or so cave-ins, which beat me up. During which I tried to make the most of it by levelling familiars or getting stuff from the sewers or resting, or adventuring in very low-level area's. I did get 2 linoleum ore, so I have good hopes I will complete it tomorrow, but stat and adventurewise, today was such a waste.

After my last getting beat up by a cave-in, I decided to put on my harem outfit. Slap on some perfume, put some hairspray in my coiffe and go talk to a certain King. Having eaten 3 chow meins, I was able to use my Chronic Indigestion to my advantage and his disadvantage.

A fine note to end the day, I thought, feeling a final eggnog slithering down my throat on its own volition.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 8
Vermicelli Enchanter
Turns Played (this run): 776
Days Played (this run): 6