Hardcore Happenings

2005-10-01

Day 7: Delicious & Spicy Adventuring

Today was a marked departure from the *suck* of yesterday. In fact, Jick even announced that today the Mine had been changed. Not that the mechanic helped me, even if I did get linoleum ore on my first try.

With 5 delicious and spicy noodles in my tummy, the goats were a bit overpowered. I didn't get beat up, but I needed to spend a lot on healing and regaining MP. I decided to check out the pirates instead. That went a lot more supple. I got my moxie up so that I could wear the chrome helmet turtle, and I hung around until I had the complete outfit. I spiced up two bottles of rum for extra moxiousness.

The goats had become troublefree. Their whiskey was mixed with soda water and their meat was used for entangling noodles. In fact, I even got the six pieces of goat cheese in a good time. With a handful of (spendable) adventures left, I headed over to seaside town, got Entangling Noodles and engaged in a, what I thought to be, suicidal mission: See if I could tackle the Bonerdagon.

What I had kind of forgotten, was his Cyrpt full of minions. It started to dawn on me, I hadn't eliminated them yet, because they beat me up the last time I went there. With a few furious crosbbow shots, the Giant Skelelton went down. I took a swipe at a few ghuols, which dropped a ghuol egg. Dammit! I could've made eggnog with that!

Deciding I would save up the rest of my adventures, I jumped into my meat car and drove to the Microbrewery. A vodka martini sealed the day.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 8
Vermicelli Enchanter
Turns Played (this run): 866
Days Played (this run): 7