Hardcore Happenings

2005-09-29

Day 6: Mysticality Day Already?!

So, I check the Moon Phases list, and it's Myst Day already. Apparently the interleave between Muscle and Myst and then Moxie day is shorter than the interleave between Moxie, Myst and then Muscle Day.

So, it's tomorrow. Damn skippy that I already saved up a whopping 18 adventures today. That said, I do have Pastamastery now. So, I have the choice: adventuring for bat wing chow mein ingredients, or making delicious spicy noodles. If it's not a clover day, I could be limited in my spices, and it makes me want to opt for the former. Bat Wing and Knob Mushroom are relatively easy ingredients to get, after all.

That said, I'm also starting to crave a bartender. If the special from the Microbrewery is not a good drink (myst or moxie), I'll farm for one tomorrow. Because mixing schnapps and fine wine is easy, is a great stat boost/drunkeness, and would give relatively good adventures/drunkeness, if it didn't cost one adventure to mix them. It would also be good to have an Orcish Frat Boy Ensemble. So I could just get and use a roll of drink tickets.

There's also still that Goblin King. Even though I'm bleeding his treasury dry and can raid his kitchens and harem at my whim, he still technically rules that Knob and still threatens to move his Elite Guard to run over Sea-Side Town. I want his Crown!

The big breakthrough would be, however, if I can reach the Mine and consequently the Goatlet. So, I do need to make a balanced mix between farming, questing and statgaining.

Plan:
The Day starts in the Kitchens, with my itemdrop familiar, to get Knob Mushrooms. Next, to the Bat Hole (Batrat and Ratbat Burrow) for chow mein ingredients.
After that, the options are a bit more open.
If there's no good booze at the Microbrewery, I use my itemdropfamiliar to adventure at the Orcish Frat House. To get the ensemble and a decent stash of quality spirits.
If there *is* good booze at the Microbrewery (or I've gotten the ensemble and a decent supply), I'll use my Cheshire Bat to adventure at the Friar's Gate for stats. I could use the deodorant, to make sure I mostly get monsters.
Once I reach level 8, I can entertain myself with the quests from the trapper, and, at the end of the day, should make sure to give "bopping the King on the head" a try.

If I can spare the meat, I might want to spend it on the following (semi-prioritized).

Wannahave List:
Powers of Observatiogn (5000)
eXtreme Ray of Something (4000)
Kickback Cookbook (4000)
Meaty Helmet Turtle (1000 + 1 turn)
Torso Awaregness (5000)

(Note: Powers of Observatiogn is a skill I use/want/get so universally in all my hardcore runs, I should make a meta-list of hardcore skills and put it on there).