Hardcore Happenings

2005-10-05

Day 11: Naughty Sorceress Unmasked

Two main themes today.

Lack of meat.
Lack of mask.

The wolf mask simply wouldn't drop. And adventuring for it was expensive. So, I attempted the sorceress without a mask. Got defeated by the first incarnation.

So I tried again. Got very far, but eventually defeated by the second incarnation.

Which meant I was broke. Adventuring a bit and autoselling stuff meant that I could try for a third time. Which failed on the second incarnation.

By this time, I had autosold my cookback for meat. I had autosold my tenderizing hammer. I had used my filthy knitted dreadsack for a beanbag chair, to cheaply prepare MP for a run on the Sorceress. I was desperate. I was fully drunk as well. All my attempts at getting a wolf mask to drop had failed. In about 40 adventures, I met two furry giants, one of whom dropped a furry fur. The other dropped a disturbing fanfic.

I was about to give up, when I realized I hadn't eaten. Nor farmed for ingredients. So I whipped up a ghuol egg quiche, and my bartender blew up.
Eating carob chunk cookies, that ghuol egg quiche, a papaya taco, and white chocolate chip cookies, I farmed the airship.

Ah, what the heck, one more try today. I ate some cranberries, bought some more Doc Galactik's Homeopathic Elixirs, four stinkbombs and went in.

I defeated the first form. My dodecapede gained a pound. I noodle entangled the second form and started spamming eXtreme Rays of Something. Victory!

I had escaped from the clutches of defeat and 12-day ascension. I took my time to do all the things I needed to do before ascending and jumped in.

Keypunch (#30036)
Pastamancer
The Wombat
Ascended in: 1,462 turns spread out over 11 days
Hardcore, No Path