Hardcore Happenings

2005-11-10

Day 2: Whipping

Progress-wise all went pretty well. Mostly thanks to the extra special special at the brewery: the especially salty dog.

I also have a sneaky pete key and the digital key, which is not bad for day 2 :-). The Boss Bat is dead and I have Chronic Indigestion. Beside the insanely spicy enchanted bean burrito, I also ate two Spaghetti-with-Skullheads. Hurray for quality food on day 2. Sadly, I only finished my chef-in-the-box after mixing those, but hey, I'll save adventures tomorrow.

I also gained access to my Guild store and trainer. The trainer doesn't appeal that much just yet, so I'll save my meat. The store is more attractive. Now that I can equip my Shillelagh, I really like to have the iniative. Guaranteed 1st hit kills, especially if I get the Thrust Smack Skill (4000) as well.

Those are issues for tomorrow. Island Access and Skills.

On to the PvP:

I scored 9 out of 10 wins. My only loss was to SirCoolWhip. Who I believe is a multi of Bernini. Anyway, that player is pretty high on the Hardcore Ascension boards, so probably has a bunch of tricks up his sleeves of which I can merely dream. I think I lost every fight, there.

In all other matches, I occasionally lost the buffed muscle competition. A few times I can track it back to not checking their equipment closely enough, which gave muscle boosts, but some apparently also have strong buffs running.

I did start to feel a bit bad about pounding on low-rated low-levels, but then again, they lose nothing, and I gain a flower. The flowers that I did win, I combined into bouquets and adorn my campsite. Anyway, it was pretty cool. Tomorrow, I might even start wasting meat on Hatorade!

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 6
Malamute Basher
Turns Played (this run): 264
Days Played (this run): 2