Hardcore Happenings

2005-12-01

Day 12: Close, but no cookie

When I said it would be tight, I would've been right, if I hadn't had my relatively bad luck with drops. I still wouldn't have made it, perhaps.

As it is, I'm missing a fair amount of moxie substats, have way too much muscle and am just about on track with mysticality. The airship was manageable on my regular moxie plus hairspray. For the Castle I required Disco Face-stabs. I used a bunch of orangish aphrodisiacs for the Hole. Now I'm back to the castle, the wheel is in the right position, but I just *need* those stats.

Father Crimbo dropped by with an advent calendar. It gave me eggnog, which is always great. Especially since the brewery only had white lightning. I currently still need to overdrink and am in serious doubt whether to pick the lightning or the IPA. It would keep my favourite drink unsullied for another day. Tomorrow, when I ascend, I will quite surely be drinking IPA. Choices, choices.

PvP-ing was fine. I first gained a bit of rank, in order to make a sprint tomorrow, but I secretly hope my defenses are nifty enough to be pushed up some by attackers already. Then I went for a bunch of flowers. My thirteenth attack was a vanity charge at Hooligan, a high-ranked Iocaine Powder player. I got wiped-out. Lost 33 substats of each, 3 rank points and a little pride :-) Still, 12 flowers.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 10
Vibe Robber
Turns Played (this run): 1,094
Days Played (this run): 12

PvP:
Fights Won/Lost: 146/69
Rank: 155

p.s. I also toyed around a bit with the new Mr. Store familiar. It's got a strong snap, but in the few uses, I didn't get a buff. It might prove interesting against the Naughty Sorceress.