Hardcore Happenings

2005-12-01

Day 13: Planning to Push My Luck

The thirteenth day is unlucky, but maybe if I properly plan...

Getting the stats is straightforward: adventure in the Castle, hope for the wheel, donate to the Hall.

As for items:
Entrance: Wussiness potion, tasty fun rice candy, thin black candle. Check. Check. Check. All in the closet.

The cavern:
Keys: Sneaky Pete, Boris, Jarlsberg, Digital, Richard's Star, skeleton. All in closet, except Sneaky Pete, which is in inventory.
Mariachi: Stolen accordion. No stringed instrument (but I have strings and a clover). No rhytm instrument. The easiest is to go for a broken skull in the batcave. It has more dropchance and less unwanted stats than the tambourine bells. I also already have a skeleton bone to combine it with, while I don't have a gnollish pie tin for the tambourine.
Other cavern items: Star buckler, star weapon in inventory. Clover in the closet.

Hedge maze:
I've got a few spare reagents, if it's really tough, but I expect Disco Face Stab will do, really.

The tower:
Haves: meat vortex, sonar-in-a-biscuit, photoprotoneutron torpedo, frigid ninja stars, can of hairspray, spider web, chaos butterfly
Have-nots: baseball, barbed-wire fence, razor-sharp can lid, NG, disease.

I might get the baseball, while adventuring in Guano Junction. The razor-sharp can lid and disease are also (fairly) easy fetches. The NG is a matter of time with the pr0n, yet could be an ascensionbreaker. The real bitch is the fence. Seeing as there are new shirts, I will go for the holiday option, rather than the white picket fence/wand option. I'm even thinking of doing this pre-emptively, considering my stat requirements. Yup. I'll do that.

The lair:
I have 4 pixel potions in the closet.
I'll have to spend 20 adventures leveling the appropiate familiars.

Plan
First check the brewery for drinks. If it's a moxie-drink I'll have two immediately, else I'll drink IPA (or if it's base TPS, the special) when needed.
Then, a few skiing holidays, maximum of 6, till I have the fence.
I'll smith some Furry Pants.
Take the Pixie to Guano Junction, till I get a broken skull.
Take a clover to the Lemon Party.
Make the two missing instruments.
Adventure at the Castle/donate, 'till I have the right moxie.
Do the Lair. (minimally, 20 adventures for the Familiars, blast)

With good luck, I can make it. With bad luck, I fail.