Hardcore Happenings

2005-12-03

Day 14: The Ascendination

I PvP'ed a couple of times, but the risks were greater than the possible rewards. So, I took the plunge.

I indeed, met the easel on level 6. Bugger. At least that was solved in two trips to the fun house.

The door riddle was solved on the first try, the bolt reflected, I did have some fear build-up inside me when I used the third red pixel potion. If it had given as little HP as the previous one, it would've been the end of me. A possible costly affair, but luckily, it didn't happen like that. Both familiars required 10 adventures at the arena (Goat and Mosquito).

The Sorceress herself was easy. The Disco Dance of Doom is a great debuffer. The second form posed a bit more trouble before the Disco Dance connected, but when it did, it went easy.

I put a Tiny Plastic Disco Bandit on the Museum Shelf, untinkered my meat car. Stuffed myself with brownies and sloshed myself on White Canadians. Always a weird moment, to be able to eat, after you break the Prism.

A hop-and-skip later:

Ascension.

Keypunch (#30036)
Ascended as Disco Bandit, in Hardcore mode, under the sign of the Blender in 1221 turns, spread out over 14 days.

Only one day faster than my previous Boozing run :-)