Hardcore Happenings

2005-12-11

Day 2: The Sauced Sauceror

First of all. Lag. A very real and very big problem. It could strike you! It is not an excuse for what happened today, but it *is* getting out of hand.

Anyway, I had a great party, slept late, so had to play during lag-hours. All went reasonably well. It was close in getting the meatcar, so I could reach the shore, but I made that. And then I drunk and then I had a bit of a snag in getting any wooden stakes (so no barskin tent, or scarecrow) and pine-fresh airfreshener (the boss bat still lives).

I could've made it to 200 turns, if I hadn't been so dumb. I saw I had 6 adventures left and thought, it costs 2 to cook gnocchetti. I can just adventure 4 times. Somehow, I suddenly found myself with 0 adventures. I decided to overdrink on the DB drink from finishing the Tavern quest (should've drunk two more of them today, instead of all IPA, but at least I can compensate that more easily later). Then I cooked the Gnocchetti and a boring spaghetti (would've wanted an insanely spicy enchanted bean burrito) and ate those. A bit of smithing later and I've got 30 adventures in the bank. Wish that I could've spent them today. I would've reached level 6.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 5
Rosemary Diviner
Turns Played (this run): 181
Days Played (this run): 2

PvP: Unbroken