Hardcore Happenings

2005-12-08

Day 6: The reckoning

No clovers today, my luck has gone away. So, I ate 2 gingerbread bugbears and a fruitcake instead (besides my knob sausage chow mein).

Yesterday, I learned a little trick, also due to the thread on LTS. I took up Strangerest on his offer to play his character and I learned that the power of LTS is, for a large part in the fact that it not only triples the regular damage, but also the damage bonus. Since I had taken my Crimbo Elf to the Valley, I had plenty of flaming talons. Two of them equipped gives a whopping +30 on damage already. Using a clock for initiative, I ripped the Yeti to shreds with a single-hit. The only thing I had to really adapt to, was that I would keep running out of MP. I lost probably close to ten turns on that. I was running from the Yeti like an Orcish Snowboarder on those ocassions.

I also blundered once on soda water, using up the 30 I just bought. Whoops. That would've been much better spent at the Hall of Legends. With my last adventures I reached level 10 and even could adventure up the Beanstalk. A ridiculously huge sword for me (that's +30 damage with LTS) !

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 10
Moose Harasser
Turns Played (this run): 895
Days Played (this run): 6

PvP was a bit of a saga in and of itself. Due to being pushed up so much in rank, I really had to cherry-pick my targets. I obviously would regularly lose the raw-stats based challenge, so I would have to make sure I'd win at least the buffed stats challenges and also make sure I had good chances with the mini-games.
In the end, I defeated one level 10, five level 11, three level 12 and three level 13 characters. All of them with a PvP ranking of 140 or upwards.

PvP Ranking: 213
Fights Won/Lost: 74/45