Hardcore Happenings

2005-12-05

Day 4: I wand it, I wand it, I wand it

Planning.

ToAdventure:
I definitely want the wand. However, that requires +- 6000 meat. I'm pondering between 5 contenders:
* Knob Goblin Laboratory - Pro's: Good meat, Scrumptious Reagents, decent stats
* Menagerie Level 1 - Pro's: Okay meat, great stats
* Deep Fat Friar's Gate - Pro's: Good stats, good meat, ridiculously small chance of ultrarare
* Orcish Frat House - Pro's: Okay meat, booze, guaranteed fights
* Knob Goblin Treasury - Pro's: Top meat, ridiculously small chance of ultrarare.
Seeing as meat is more of a priority than anything else, the menagerie and frat house drop as options. Seeing I still want to progress, the treasury is gone too. That makes it a toss-up between the laboratory and the Gate, with the Gate, even though it has non-stat adventures as a con, as my choice.

ToEat:
This depends on whether it's a clover day or not.
Clover day:
* Insanely Spicy bean burrito
* chow mein
* chow mein
* two olive stir-fry
Non-clover day:
*hell ramen
*hell ramen
*boring spaghetti

ToDrink:
IPA seems just fine.

ToZap:
Filthy Corduroy -> Filty Knitted Dreadsack
decorative fountain -> windchimes
Later on in the game, I can mostly zap for Outfits.

Post-Wand, I can simply work towards level 8 in the Menagerie.