Hardcore Happenings

2005-12-07

Day 5: Moxious!

With the two stat days, and today two stat boosters, my Moxie has gotten awfully high. Nothing to be too uncomfortable about, but I'll overshoot for the Sorceress.

Yes, it was a clover day! Two knob sausage chow meins and a bat wing chow mein later, I did most of my adventuring. I finished up the trapz0r quest, followed up with clearing the Cyrpt, got the Swashbuckling outfit and then spent the majority of my time bonking Yeti on their big fat heads. You really have to love soda water, though. I used the wand two times, once to zap a piece of the cold-weather gear and once for a piece of the swashbuckling get-up. I shouldn't take that risk with the wand anymore, because I will need it to zap a key and might need it to zap a fence.

I used my PvP buff-up to whack the Bonerdagon. He succumbed without hassle, but PvP was a bit weird. I think I ended up only 8 for 11. I attacked Hojo Hominygrits, and lost on all 5 counts, he struck me back, and lost 3 out of 5. I've taken him off the Vendettalist for that loss.

I did make level 9, but didn't feel like risking overdrinking for the dictionary and I'll postpone that 'till tomorrow. I feel like making a small planning post. Quest-wise, it's straightforward, but I can note some minor details.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 9
Caribou Smacker
Turns Played (this run): 753
Days Played (this run): 5

PvP Ranking: 150
Fights Won/Lost: 53/40