Hardcore Happenings

2005-12-08

Day 7: And on the Seventh Day, Keypunch...rested?

Tomorrow, I could be facing a worst-case scenario of being forced to actually *work* during the daytime, while I have a pressing social engagement with the venture capitalists of Keypunch's Future in Life, Inc. (also known as "parental units") in the evening. What to do? Wake up early, fight the roll-over lag trying to do something useful? Stay up late, fighting the pre-roll over lag trying to do something useful?

Just eat and booze, pvp and play it all on the next day?

Let's see wat I can scrounge up with zero adventuring on a non-clover day:.
Bean burrito, two Gnochetti di Nietszche.
Not bad, considering.
Or, to go whacky: Hell ramen, pr0n m4nic0tti, enchanted bean burrito and a herb brownie.

On the other hand, even when it's not a clover day, it seems to make sense to hit the Kitchens for Knob Sausage (and some spice).
The menu would then read: Knob sausage chow mein, Spaghetti-with-skullhead, knob sausage pizza / (insanely) spicy bean burrito, mugcake/gingerbread bugbear.

If it's clover day, I would still be limited in my options, but at least be able to spice things up a bit (pun intended).
Knob sausage chow mein
2* Spicy bean burrito
Insanely spicy enchanted bean burrito
mugcake/gingerbread bugbear

Or I could try zapping a knob mushroom, and see whether it succesfully becomes a knoll mushroom. Then I wouldn't be able to zap anything else, as I can't afford the Wand to explode.
2 knob sausage chow mein
Insanely spicy bean burrito
trollhouse cookies.

In the end, it really depends on the time available. The booze spots have been reserved already, for my loyal friend, IPA.

Adventuring itself, if I get to it, will be simply trying to LTS my way through all the bad guys, helped by the clock, 3 flaming talons and a ridiculously huge sword ( +25 * 3 damage bonus). Once I reach the Castle I get Torso Awaregness, turn the Wheel clockwise over Mysticality, don't forget to visit the Council, use some Wrath Serum potions to get the star stuff, turn the wheel back, counterclockwise over Mysticality to gain enough stats to visit the Tower and start the process of ascending.

Now, if I get anywhere close to that tomorrow (which I doubt) I've got another dilemma. It would be my fastest ascension yet, by a day, if I got there tomorrow. However, I don't have the fence yet. If I got cowed, and the wand was already broken from the second zap (I need to zap at least one key), if I had zapped for food, I'd be forced to shore for moxie. I don't want more moxie. Anyway, this seems far-fetched. I probably won't get this far, and if I do, I will have only a small reserve of adventures, making it more worthwhile to save them up.

Consequent plan for Day 7:
- *zap a knob mushroom*
- Cast Empathy (I always forgot that)
- Use up some more MP
- check for clovers
* hit up the sewer and kitchen for grabbags
* farm the kitchen for sausages
- Go LTS-ing (keep a decent MP stock) in the Airship/Castle as best as I can, turning the wheel over Myst
- drink my PvP potions and PvP mostly the same people I PvP'ed today