Hardcore Happenings

2005-12-12

Day 3: Spicy Sauceror

How long can I keep the alliteration up?

Today was quite steady, even for the buttload of adventuring I did. Mostly because I felt today one shouldn't speak about a drop rate, but rather a non-drop rate.

I gave up on my Crimbo Elf and just staid with the Bat. Eventually I did get the Airfreshener and so could make haste with the slaying of the Boss Bat. When that was done, I tried the Friar's. I got the Birthday Candles in one turn. Nice! On to the next spot. A single demon-ninja explained me in no unclear terms why going there was not such a good idea. Ouch!

I decided to hang in the Kitchen, Treasury and Harem, and that went fairly nice. I got beat up a few times and hung out in the Haunted Pantry while healing, secretly hoping to get the Dolphin King's Map (That crown ain't bad, and the meat's a mini-fortune at that level) or at least an asparagus knife. No such luck. I hung out in the kitchens, hoping to get knob mushrooms. Those were scarce too. I did get a handful of knob sausage, but that ain't my thing. Eventually, I decided to go for Insanely Spicy Enchanted Bean Burrito. I'm not 100% convinced the turns and meat spent are worth it, but it's spicy.
In all my adventures in the Harem I did get perfume from the Harem girls, but not pants or a veil. Luckily, there's the choice adventures for that. The Elite Guards and Bean Counters were scarce with their drops as well. I only got 2 items. Ironically, 2 elite shirts. Yay! for shirts. Getting those like this is exactly why I love having Torso Awaregness as a permanent and a nice compensation for the lack of other drops (helmet? visor? pants? pole-arm? Where are you!).

At the end of the day, I broke my hippy crap and started pounding on people with low, low, low ratings and, oh yeah, that one guy that attacked me. 10 flowers! I'll soon be in Soulcake's range!

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 7
Tarragon Thaumaturge
Turns Played (this run): 335
Days Played (this run): 3