Hardcore Happenings

2005-12-04

Day 2: Wrath of Keypunch

I had to correct a lot of issues. And I did.

My focus was mostly to get all the low-level stuff done with. The bossbat was easily dispatched (hurray for lunging thrust smack) and I farmed for a chef-in-the-box. It cost me a few adventures too many for it to be wortwhile, but it's just so convenient. I got the gear to kill the Goblin King and Knob sausages from the Kitchens. Two spaghetti-with-skullheads and a boring spaghetti were the meals of the day, while an advent eggnog and the pink ponies from the Tavern filled the majority of the booze budget.

I also opted to go for pixels quite early. I accidentally made 5 red pixel potions, but the Digital Key didn't take too long. The Distant Woods still seemed to tough for me, and I tried my luck in the Knob Goblin Laboratory. I got beaten up a handful of times and that was not right. A bit more attentive playing could've saved me there, but I just chose the easy option, some meatfarming in the Treasury.

In my final adventures, I cooked up a reagent potion with some grapes, and smacked down the Goblin King. Being able to wear stainless steel slacks helped too :-)

Time to PvP:

Overnight, I had been attacked several times, and besides the initial two losers, I was mostly pwned. Not surprising if people up to 5 levels higher take a swing at you. Still, I won one fight! I made a list and my aim was to get back all those that had taken a flower from me. One person, I was unlucky, against, I lost the raw stat comparison and both mini's. From his own attack, however, I knew that my mini's were better, so I took a second go and now lost the alternate stat fight, but thankfully, won both mini's. I did win all other figths, but only had 8 flowers, afterwards. Probably accidentally attacked for rank somewhere. Four bouquets for the campground.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 6
Malamute Basher
Turns Played (this run): 313
Days Played (this run): 2
PvP Ranking: 68
Fights Won/Lost 12/15

p.s. In spoilerific news, via via I've gotten a glimpse of what Crimbo will bring the Kingdom. Suffice it to say that part of the goodness will come in Tiny Plastic form.