Hardcore Happenings

2005-12-05

Day 3: Evasive Maneuvers

I experienced a bit of the ennui and inertia of previous runs. Gaining stats is fine and dandy, but where can I do it that it's a bit interesting? I tried to go for the Hippy Outfit, but only got two corduroys. I did get the Liver of Steel and all mandatory items, but I still had turns left. I didn't seem to be able to get "the" break I wanted. Since it wasn't a clover day, I eventually called farming for sausages quits and ate a Spaghetti-with-Skullheads, a Gnoccheti di Nietschze and some boring spaghetti. I would've replaced the boring spaghetti with a spicy bean burrito (for stats), or insanely spicy enchanted bean burrito (for Chronic Indigestion...although it doesn't seem all that useful). Booze was the advent eggnog and IPA.

I did get a second dungeon key.

Eventually, I decided to go for the wand. I already have the plus sign, but now need to get the meat for the consultation and Mimic. Menagerie Level 1, perhaps.

My PvP went well, except against one person. I had a bad feeling about his turn count and was doubting between levelcamping and clueless. I decided it was the latter and it turned out to be the former.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 7
Narwhal Pummeler
Turns Played (this run): 465
Days Played (this run): 3

PvP Rank: 70
Fights Won/Lost: 24/26

p.s. To note several key issues, I'm going to make a smallish planning post.