Hardcore Happenings

2006-01-21

Day 7: Chrome Medal for Valour

My reasoning was that getting the chrome sword ahead of time would make for more adventures gained. That said, in the end it cost me 21 turns to get. Some of which were purely to get the meat (I visited the Treasury) for the meatsmithing hammer and the dense meat stack.

All in all it took me 21 turns. Seeing as how I would've gotten it otherwise in the course of adventuring in two days, the question is whether those extra 6 adventures are really worth it. Then again, the three turns spent smithing and the 10 (?) turns spent mining were necessary evils to begin with. Which leaves 21-3-10-6=just 2 wasted adventures.

As an added bonus, this means I have finished the Mining part of the Tr4pz0r quest.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 8
Salamander Subduer
Turns Played (this run): 379
Days Played (this run): 7

In PvP I tried to snipe at an old nemesis and failed and also took too much of a risk trying to beat someone low-ranked with a high level. You just absolutely can't rely on your mini's in HCOxy, which is a shame and left me spending the other 11 bullying hapless low-leveled low-ranks. Being WANG'ed for 300 turns by some random n00b in chat doesn't really help either.

Then I had a cat-related emergency (bleeding paw) and only now can post my results, after being succesfully hit by several people. So without much further ado, here are my PvPstats:

PvP Ranking: 54
Fights Won/Lost: 76/40

p.s. Cat is fine, my brand-new white shirt is ruined.