Hardcore Happenings

2006-01-15

Day 19: A day under parrrrr!

My original aim was 20 days, for 840 adventures. I boosted my turn count (in amusing ways) so I broke the 840 barrier, but managed to stay under the 19 day one.

Fighting at the Castle went well. Even got that extra wolf mask. Zapping the Metallic A gave a ruby W. I zipped through the Entrance cavern. I forgot that I could use goofballs against the Topiary Golems, but they still posed little threat. The first tower monster was the Desktop Globe, of course. So, I zapped the ruby W and lo and behold, I got that lowercase n. Next was the Flaming Samurai, so I took my mosquito to the Ninja Snowmen and managed to level him up and get the stars. The next four challenges were a doozy, which meant a level 2 potato. Door, bolt, shadow, all done. The first enemy was immediately defeated by my mosquito. One fight at the arena was enough for Billy to defeat the next. I tried a few turns farming at the Valley for flaming talons, but to no avail. Oh well. I faced the Sorceress with my hamethyst necklace, infernal insoles and a stuffed shoulder parrot. Arrrrr!

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 11
Reindeer Threatener
Ascended in 890 turns, spread out over 19 days, under the Platypus sign as hardcore Seal clubber, following the Oxygenarian path.

Hurray!
1/6 Oxycores done!