Hardcore Happenings

2006-10-10

A controversial record!

So, yeah, I did it! Wahoo!

Boozewise, I summoned not a single icecube. Still, I decided to go for it, make 4 supercocks and a supercock base. Divine, two vodka stratocasters, a rabbit punch and a teqiwila slammer.

Time to rock. I got plenty of stars and lines, but the third Astronomer really let me wait on him. Then I opened the bedroom and used the various "stat" nightstands to neatly work my stats up to the required level. With quite some adventure (close to 60, I think) left, I started the tower. It had the usual hairy moments, with the need to get a broken skull, farm an NG, a razorsharp can-lid that took ages and unwilling frigid ninja stars.

Once I reached the top, I had only 6 adventures left. And no furry suit. I did make a furry kilt. After all, all absorption helps. Wearing a (Star Hat + Furry kilt)*2 from Tao + 100 from the goth kid shirt is quite the absorption.

When I checked my turncount, it was 667! I managed to avoid the devil ;-)

After this, comes the controversy, about which the heated debate can be read here. The thread is named "Old whine", because I think this debate was had before. Last time I got slaughtered, defending the exact same position as this time. The forums are a hostile place for your sanity. It has a chance in hell of being implemented, especially after the matter has become controversial, but I like my idea.

Then again, I also still like my other idea of having the option to ascend to "Hey Deze", and have a run in which you get one accessory slot permanently filled with a "demonic blessing". The blessing being an unremovable bonus (or malus), like demonwings.

Anway:
I ascended as a level 12 Accordion Thief, under the marmot sign, using 733 turns before jumping into the gash and 667 before breaking the prism. The restrictions I operated under were Hardcore and Boozetafarian.

One White Canadian down the hatch, and I'm now a Pastamancer. I've gotten a smile-sharpening stone for my Cheshire Bat and am biding my time before I drink my boozes on Mysticality day tomorrow.