Hardcore Happenings

2006-10-25

Gallery Play

So, I unlocked the Gallery yesterday, but wasn't able to enter. Today, I focused on getting my spleen, and afterwards...I still wasn't able to enter. I ended up fighting in the Menagerie Level 3.

Then I figured out a neat trick. You know how smashing basic meat swords doesn't help much to get wads? Smashing 5 summoned cocktail garnishes is a far better way to get twinkly powder. Enough twinkly powder to finish that Wad. And with that wad...I still didn't have enough muscle to get into the Gallery. But 8 turns in, I did. And I had 1 adventure left for the day.

My choice became somewhat complex.
a) Clover in the Gallery, gain a substantial muscle bonus
b) Fight in the Gallery, on the offchance an Armor will drop an antique.

I chose fight, and indeed, was confronted by a piece of armor. Alas, no antique dropped. Although, perhaps, I should've used a blue snowcone, but I hadn't realized my snowcone buff had run out.

For tomorrow, I still have 1 adventure in the Gallery, so the ssame choice still stands, but with the knowledge that there's already an Armor in my qeue.

I don't want to waste the clover, mostly, so I'll think I'll go for the long shot. I won't bother with the blue snowcone, because I'm quite close to level 7 and taking on the Cyrpt. Before too long, I should have enough stats to adventure in the Gallery without the use of Wads.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 6 Malamute Basher
Turns Played (this run): 245
Days Played (this run): 5
Sign: The Mongoose
Path: Oxygenarian (Hardcore)

p.s. 25 out of 25 for flowers, woohoo!