Hardcore Happenings

2006-10-21

Wealth Abuse

Running up the tower went just fine. I did waste a bunch of turns on trying to desperately get goat's milk, that was not so smart, also tussling with the Booze Giants, while I shoul've stuck to the Barrel.

And I rested a few times at the campground...sue me.

Anyway, 5/6 tower items weren't in my possession so at the end of the run and defeating her Naughtiness, I had 91 turns left...to get about 9500 substats for level 13.

Which, thanks to a certain generous someone meant that all I had to do was eat a few wads and spend about 95 adventures at the library with ten-leaf clovers :D Boring, waste of meat, but effective!

The Spookyraven-manor is the ultimate single-stat booster place. I ascended, taking Diminished Gag Reflex as skill. Now I'm stench resistant!

Ascending as Seal Clubber Oxy, with Mongoose sign, I did spend my early adventures in an mostly acceptable manner. A handful went to exploring the "rift", where I would otherwise have been fighting on the Knoll, no doubt, but it wasn't really worth it, so I stuck to fighting Bean Bats.

For tomorrow, I should research what the toughest monsters at my current level are, fully unlock my guild (gotta love the fact that spending only 1k means on Hide and Claws of the Otter means that I have all skills up to level 12, besides Tongue and Hide of the Walrus)

Reaching level 4 as it is ain't bad, I think. Next run, I'll have Air. Too bad this Oxy thing means I'll miss out on the next St. Sneaky Pete Day.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 4 Ermine Thumper
Turns Played (this run): 80
Days Played (this run): 1
Sign: The Mongoose
Path: Oxygenarian (Hardcore)