Hardcore Happenings

2006-10-19

Heavenly Thoughts

With the progrees going so well, I was already thinking ahead. The skill I'll take from this run is the elemental protection from stench. At least useful when entering the batcave ;-)

So, yeah the Elemental resistances are a bit lame, it's better than nothing...or anything else from Sauceror that I don't have (I'm just not a Saucesphere type of person). Anyway, I was thinking of the next run, and specifically which zodiac to take.

Since I might end up doing the "Oxy Loop", I'll start as a Seal Clubber. Every Seal Clubber skill is useful, so adding one of those is good too. So, what sign to take? My first instinct was "Mysticality sign", for the added stats and special drops. On second thought though, from the 4 "boss drops", only the Boss Bat and Bonerdagon give a really useful drop for a muscle class with the Mystical device cranked. And ever since I got Armorcraftiness and Tao, the Boss Bat drop really is more of a nicety than a necessity. The Bonerdagon necklace is also not so obligatory when wind-up clocks are available.

The added stats amount to a...let's guess here 1000 substats? (assuming 500 combats, and 2 bonus stats from each such a fight). If I pick a muscle sign, I'll be able to make a Meat Maid. +4 Adventures per day, for more than a dozen days, spending those adventures in a place like the Gallery, that's more than enough to compensate. It will keep down my meat expenditure too, make fights more easy, and, to top it all off, I won't have to dally around on DeGrassi Knoll.

Muscle zodiac seems like a winner for HCOxy. Only question left, which of the three. With Vole merely adding extra critical hits (who needs 'em?) and the jury still out on Wallaby (I still think it's a +initiative thing), I'm best of going for Mongoose, compensating that bit more for lost stats due to the unavailability of the MCD.

This has become a longer post than I planned, but expect to see Keypunch, Seal Clubber, Hardcore, Oxygenarian Path, Mongoose Sign, somewhere soon in the Kingdom.