Hardcore Happenings

2006-10-23

Of Snowcones and Meatsmiths

So...again, I forgot snowcones for the entire day. I preemptively put on an Orange Snowcone for tomorrow.

I got a brainsweeper and brain on the first adventure. After that, farming pixels went quickly enough, so that I had some slack in adventures.

Considering where to adventure, I realized that the plunger and flyswatter were getting a bit underpowered. Then I remembered "Innabox". Looking through the meatsmithing on the Wikipedia, I realized that I could make a Pesto Blade (ingredients: sword hilt, meat stack, dry noodles, spices). I also thought that now I had the option to deal elemental damage, I could try to make another sword with a packaging material from the mine.

I was lucky and got cardboard! All I need now is a bit of hot powder, maybe the Hey Deze Ninjademons will drop a pair of pants? Right now I'm wielding a pestoblade (50 power) and cardboard sword (60 power), which give me a combined bonus of +6 muscle, +3 stench and +3 melee damage.

In the end, I decided to get 3 moxie holidays done on moxie day, and spent the reserve 2 adventures I had opening up the spookyraven manor and, as it turned out, getting a pool cue.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 5 Penguin Frightener
Turns Played (this run): 160
Days Played (this run): 3
Sign: The Mongoose
Path: Oxygenarian (Hardcore)