Hardcore Happenings

2007-03-25

Day 2: Not quite there

Even though I screwed up a lot, even if I take those wasted turns and their synergy in allowing me to perform better, I wouldn't have made it. I got quite far actually. Right into the castle

The biggest problem with the Sombrero is simply not being able to afford anything until autoselling the dictionary. This might be better with a moxie class. I resorted to cheating by NPZR-fishing the shaft a few times when I was at rock bottom. With stasis it's possibly possible to get further, but that's not my cup of tea.

So far for the prospects of a 2-dayer. The 3-dayer should be in the bag, though, if I don't screw up too royally. Let me enumerate the loose ends.
1) Didn't get a wand (did unlock the Dungeons of Doom)
2) I need the Star equipment still (actually the whole Giant Map Quest)
3) Still have to finish pixelfarming (10 white ones gathered)
4) Stat balancing needs to be done
5) I want to get some kills racked up on my Cheshire Bitten, so all the levelling hasn't has to happen during my next run.
6) I don't have enough food/booze for tomorrow, just some depleted left-overs.

The plan:
Start out farming food (Goatlet) and booze (barrel).
Castle then HitS
Wand and pixels.
Balance stats in the Haunted Bedroom.
Most of it with the Cheshire Bat as primary familiar.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 10 Rattlesnake Chief
Turns Played (this run): 466
Days Played (this run): 2
Sign: The Mongoose