Hardcore Happenings

2007-03-30

Day 5 and Day 1: Going soft

The ascending was easy-peasy. Only annoying part was to get a recalcitrant disease. And then leveling up to 12 and getting my sombrero up to par. Yeah, I ended up perming Canelloni Cocoon.

Jumping through the gash with a 19-pound Hovering Sombrero, I found this softcore rather challenging. I really felt I needed to calculate every step and pull, and it was good. I hope that moxie day will make a real difference, because right now I was pulling all the high-level stuff (Jewel Hat, Travoltan Trousers, Ice Sickle, Pilgrim Shield, Plastic Pumpkin Bucket) and it didn't quite speed as I had hoped. I did get the Liver of Steel with a nice amount of turns banked (95), and got a vampire cape, which was a neat bonus, but I had some trouble with the harem girls and ended up pulling a knob goblin perfume. I also skipped out on the knob goblin elite gear, and got a TPS and 2 cherries instead. (Should've premixed that one).

Because I didn't reach level 8, I didn't know what ore to pull, and pulled the legend keys, instead. From the meat I had from pulling and selling the jellybean cheesecake, I even donated so that my mysticality was 30. That way I could equip my solitaire for rollover (and tomorrow can equip my stainless steel scarf).

All in all, an interesting new experience, and let's hope for the best tomorrow.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 6 Squeezebox Scoundrel
Turns Played (this run): 101
Days Played (this run): 1
Sign: The Marmot
Path: Boozetafarian (softcore)

p.s. Mental note for next run: Hairspray early, hairspray often.
p.s.2 Tomorrow begins with opening the Gallery.

Labels: , ,