Hardcore Happenings

2007-03-26

Day 3/Day 1: I'm a sherman tank!

Actually, I'm not a sherman tank. I managed to neatly finish the Sorceress, although I did have to work a lot at balancing my offstats. I think a succesful 2-dayer is going to require a different approach. Probably will need an Oxygenarian lead-in. And/or Stasis, but I don't wanna go there. In the remaining turns, I managed to get my Cheshire Bat back to full weight (doppelganger and arena).

In the meantime, I've also made quite a neat plan for an "ultra-cheap" boozetefarian softcore run, which I plan to do next moxie days. I'm excited about it, since I haven't dealt with softcore for such a long time.

The start of this run was rather flakey, mostly because of awful fishing returns. Took something like 1 in 5! And then I made the classic mistake of forgetting you can make awesome pasta's, if you can't make reagent food, so focused on making burrito's. Oh well. I'm sure that tomorrow I can get the stomach, and then I can bank the rest of the turns for mysticality day.

Also, what an annoyance that smashing stainless gear only generates a single twinkly nugget. I always think it's at least a wad.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 5 Carbohydrate Cognoscenti
Turns Played (this run): 126
Days Played (this run): 1
Sign: The Mongoose
Path: Teetotaler (Hardcore)

Labels: ,