Hardcore Happenings

2005-09-25

Day 1: Pasta Spooning

So I chose to be a Pastamancer. Wombat sign, no less. And, again, hardcore, but no path. My extra harcore skill was "Mad Looting Skillz", which I oddly hadn't taken in softcore yet.

The first order of business was revelling. I opened the letter from King Ralph and was greeted by three tattoo's (hardcore DB, hardcore Boozetafarian, hardcore III), a pair of stainless steel slacks, three bottles of single-barrel whiskey and a pork elf goodies sack.

Then I pondered. Spend turns today, or save them for Moxie day? The game is too much fun to keep the turns corked, so I started spending, in the usual dicking about on the first day style, that has become so familiar to me. Tomorrow I can be serious.

I did end up with a bitchin' meat car, drank one of the bottles, took the chance to stock up on IPA, and even got to eat a bowl of cottage cheese, some rat-appendix kabobs and an enchanted bean burrito. Somewhere along the way, I got an eye-patch as well. I got beat up a bit too much for my liking, mostly by rats and bats. I used the turns beat up to start leveling my Tower Familiars already, and also got a smile-sharpening stone for my Cheshire Bat.

I only have to level up the familiars to level 5, because I already have Empathy and also plan on getting Leash in the course of this run. Which means that combined with a familiar item, the total bonus poundage will be 15!

One of the funniest moments of the day was when I autosold an excess frilly skirt. "You sell your frilly skirt to a miniscule suffragette for 40 meat." So apt.

Keypunch (#30036)
Level 4
Starch Savant
Turns Played (this run): 127
Days Played (this run): 1